The 11.2.0 release is major release of the Total Recall VR LinX II technology.
This 11.2.0 release is the first release that contains generation 5 (GenV) Total Recall VR recording technology. The active IP recording channels are now based on GenV technology while all other types (passive IP, analogue, ISDN ...) of recording channels continue to use LinX technology.
The GenV technology adds:
- A SIP media server that supports all SIP scenarios. For example, it is now possible to place the recorder on hold while recording. In addition, it is possible to transfer the recorder to another call while recording.
- Full support for SIPrec based on the new RFC7865 and RFC7866. As a result, the recorder can act as a Session Recording Server (SRS) and accept SIP sessions for the purpose of recording from Session Recording Clients (SRCs) that exist on the same network.
The GenV technology replaces the Tait VRP and Hytera HDAP recording servers with implementation that is based on the latest Java technologies.
In addition to introducing GenV technology, the 11.2.0 release adds support for running Total Recall VR in a virtual machine (VM) environment. Total Recall VR OVA (open virtual appliance) packages that can be run as a virtual guest on top of a virtualisation product such as Oracle’s VirtualBox and VMware Workstation are now available.
The following VM requirements apply to a Total Recall VR VM:
- The equivalent of an Intel Atom D525 CPU and 4GB of RAM to record up to 30 sessions simultaneously.
- The equivalent of an Intel i5-3550 CPU and 8GB of RAM to record up to 60 sessions simultaneously.
- The equivalent of an Intel Xeon E5-2620 CPU and 16GB of RAM to record up to 120 sessions simultaneously.
- A minimum of 80GB disk space. However, 1TB disk space is needed for the maximum storage capacity (900,000 recordings and 60,000 audio hours).
- Two network interfaces.
- At least one USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
- Access to a BluRay disc drive is optional and needed only if you wish to archive recordings to a disc.
- Serial and parallel ports must not be present.